Linux administrator, with a strong performance background in wide variety of professional system support and solution-based IT services for Linux Systems (or administrations) including, monitoring, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of operating systems.
My Skills Set
Palm Bay, FL
- Works within the customer environment to successfully deliver technical solutions specific to agreed upon requirements.
- Understands and works within the constructs of project processes, scope, and schedules.
- Identifies, documents, and verifies technical requirements and activity that mitigate risk
- Performs capacity planning for future releases and deployments of Intel infrastructures.
- Participates in the planning and documentation of improving the existing architectures.
- Provides subject matter expertise to application groups regarding Linux based Client/Server technology.
- Researches and analyzes new technologies for inclusion into the ERCOT infrastructure.
- Establishes strong working relationships with key staff members in departments.
- Installed, configured Linux and/or Windows OS on simulator target computers and engineering development stations.
- Performed cold starts and backups on simulator target computers.
- Created and managed project software subversion repositories.
- Installed, configured, built, tested, and debugged 3rd party software applications and drivers.
- Setup maintenance and real-time ethernet ports for simulator target computers.
- Performed computer system hardware/software debugging with engineering team.
- Collaborated with Sr. Software Engineering Manager to maintain software architecture and configuration management.
- Documented configuration management processes and software build procedures.
- Performed obsolescence testing on computer hardware.
- Kept current on future technologies and products to determine where and how such products can be incorporated.
ERCOT/Electric Reliability Council of Texas
- Produced scalable, automated systems while ensuring proper security, monitoring and reporting of the infrastructure.
- Troubleshot system issues while also taking charge of major short and long term Ops projects.
- Provided clear training to clients.
- Mentored, trained and worked closely with both team members and colleagues from other departments.
- Remained current on emerging technologies to edge out the competition.
- Participated in 24/7 on call rotation.
- Provided input on and executed security and deployment practices, scaling and metrics.
- Responded diligently to on and off-duty alerts and participate in on call rotation.
Colorado State University
Name JOHN CHRISTOPHER
Location 1 square street, New York, USA
Marital Status Married
Education Bachelor’s Degree (Colorado State University)
Experience Harris Corporation (Linux Administrator)