This shows how important the automation engineers are!
Who are Automation Engineers, and what do they do?
An Automation Engineer is the person who ensures effective production workflow in the company. Automation Engineers are the professional personnel who specialize in providing electrical and mechanical support through efficient equipment. And The QA Automation Engineer is the person expert in fixing bugs and they are known as Quality Assurance- Automation Engineer.
All the technical issues are resolved by an Automation Engineer, as they are well-versed in handling machinery functions. And it is through the Automation Engineers that automated machinery and robot optimisations are done in the new business processes. So majorly all the automation strategies, connecting software and troubleshooting etc. are handled by them.
Here's what an Automation Engineer does:
- Automation Engineer develops and manages the automation production facilities.
- An Automation Engineer resolves the supply chain software and warranty issues.
- It is the Automation Engineer that manages the operational activities and partnerships to secure the supply chain.
- The QA Automation Engineer is pro at testing functions of mobile applications and webs.
- QA Automation Engineer spots the bugs in websites or applications and fixes them.
Automation Engineer Resume Writing Tips
- Choose the right Automation Engineer Resume Format.
- Make sure your Automation Engineer Resume is captivating and compelling.
- Begin with stating your Career Objective as a Automation Engineer
- Elaborate your professional experience
- Boast Your Achievements in Your Professional Experience Section
- Add the additional skills to strengthen your profile.
- You need not create a catalogue of your work history, only add those work experiences that are relevant and necessary to mention
- Create a short and crisp summary that tells how you are right for the role of QA Automation Engineer
- Tweak Your Job Titles to Get Your Automation Engineer Resume Read
- Highlight Your Most Relevant Resume Skills
- Use Keywords This Will Assure The Recruiter About Your Knowledge About The Same
- Address Any Employment Gaps Clearly in your Automation Engineer Resume (If you are a professional Automation Engineer)
Automation Engineer Resume Format
The purpose of a resume is to flaunt your abilities to a hiring manager while demonstrating why you would be the right fit with the company. Everyone possesses different abilities, resume skills, years of experience in a related field, or exemplary academic achievements and certifications.
Depending on your situation, highlight only those qualities and skills that will give the recruiter a glimpse of your knowledge about QA Automation Engineer subject and proves your candidacy for the job post of Automation Engineer.
Regardless of what your current status is, a fresher graduate, professional expert or the one seeking change in career path, there is a set professional resume format.
How will you arrange all the sections in the Automation Engineer resume? What is the order of the sections? You will get answers to these questions in the format of the resume.
It is the resume format for your Automation Engineer resume that will dictate which section goes where, and in what order. Consequently, there can be three possible resume formats for you to choose from:
- The Reverse Chronological Resume Format
- The Functional Resume Format
- The Combination (Hybrid) Resume Format
The chronological resume format is the most used resume format, and probably the one you are using now. As the name suggests, a reverse chronological resume states your current position first. It follows your past experiences and education. This resume format highlights your most recent work experience.
It best matches the needs of those who want to show vertical career progression in their specific field, those who have no gaps in their employment history, and those who wish to be posted in the same or related industry.
But If you've changed jobs like you change your clothes, or have prominent gaps in your working history, or want to change your career path or shift to a new industry, this resume format is probably not for you.
This type of resume format highlights your notable skills. Basically, a functional resume format throws light on your expertise skills and qualifications. You must customize your resume to include industry-specific keywords and skill requirements used in the job posting.
Those with a particular skill set that they want to emphasize should use this resume format. This resume format is also great for you if your employment history shows some gap years or if you are keen on changing your career and want to shift to a new industry.
If you don't have a heavy skillset to show off or are a recent graduate, this resume format wouldn't be the right choice.
The combination resume format of the reverse-chronological and functional resume formats. Itoffers the most flexibility because it consists of a mixture format. This resume format is for those with well-developed skill sets and background of mixed experience and education.
This resume format is the right one for you if you are an expert or extremely experienced in the given field. It may also work well for you if you are making initiating towards a new career path, or have a particularly relevant skillset.
To have a professionally formatted Automation Engineer Resume is a cherry on the cake but remember to pour some quality content in your resume as well. It is advisable to spend adequate time researching for the job position and then only after due consideration develop your resume.
Choose the resume format that reflects your personality and gives you the most confidence.
Must Read: The Ultimate Guide to Resume Keywords
Automation Engineer Salary
- The average salary that an Automation Engineer receives in India is ₹4.5l.p.a.
- The top companies hiring for the job title of Automation Engineer, are Capgemini, Tata Consultancy Services Limited and Cognizant.
- EY –Ernst & Young reports the highest salary for a QA Automation Engineer pays around ₹8l.p.a.
- IBM India Private Limited and Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp pays the highest salary of ₹7.89l.p.a. and ₹5.5l.p.a. respectivelyto its Automation Engineers.
- Capgemini and Tata Consultancy Services Limited respectively pay ₹4.9l.p.a.and ₹5l.p.a.
- HCL Technologies Ltd. offers the lowest of ₹1.52 l.p.a package to its Automation Engineers.
Automation Engineer Resume Headline
A resume headline is a short one-line phrase that highlights and summarizes your professional strengths. It is also called a resume title. It communicates to the hiring manager about what you can offer to an organization when you're hired.
It is more like the headline of a news story. Your Automation Engineer resume title should be brief and easy to read. It should highlight the qualifications that are most relevant to the job you have applied for.
Recruiters and hiring managers review hundreds of resumes everyday. So write a resume headline that is concise and crisp. Moreover, a good resume title will at once give the hiring manager a good idea about your candidacy for the job.
Resume headline/title for QA Automation Engineer
Must Read: How to Name Your Resume and Cover Letter
Automation Engineer Resume Summary
One of the most critical aspects while crafting an Automation Engineer resume is how to start it. The best way to give yourself a headstart from others is by providing a compelling yet informative summary of your Automation Engineer resume.
Are you using a summary or an objective?
Summary and objective sections are at very first glance spotted by the recruiter. So make sure you have one. An objective section in the resume talks about what you want to achieve in your next job position. And a summary briefs about what you will serve to the company with your skills and experience. So a resume summary should tell a story of us as a professional. That's the best way to start.
It is necessary to give a review, if you are an expert because you have many things to flaunt in your Automation Engineer resume. But if you are a recent graduate, it is optional to provide a summary, because as a fresh graduate you will have very little to summarize.
Put yourself in the employer's shoes, then think what a hiring manager would be expecting. Make sure your resume summary is compelling so that it forces the hiring manager to go through all the rest of the details in brief.
Refer the below resume summary from the above Automation Engineer resume sample:
Skills to include in an Automation Engineer Resume
It is the critical skills of an Automation Engineer that will set him apart from the rest of the crowd.
Don't commit the mistake of stuffing your resume with keywords—emphasis only industry-related skills in your Professional Experience section. A typical HR manager won't even take a minute to see if a resume is genuine or whether it is copied-pasted by the applicant.
The need for Automation Engineers may be different for each company and industry because of the different production and supply chain processes. For example: If you were QA Automation Engineer in 2 companies, the 3rd company which you are applying might demand a different skill set.
So what it is something you should include for sure in your Automation Engineer resume that will help you to outstand others. It is the Job Description. Job description lays down the skills and qualities that the recruiter is looking for in a candidate. You should align your resume skills along the lines of the requirements of the job post .
The most wanted Automation Engineer soft skills on resumes
- Creative and out of the box thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Management skills-
- People’s management
- Time management
Top technical skills for Automation Engineer resume
- Software Development
- Computer programming
- Equipment troubleshooting skills
- Coding and Scripting Expertise
- Configuration Management (CM) Software Experience
- Automation Control Systems
- Control Logic
- CAD & AutoCAD
For a more detailed guide on Resume Key Skills for a Automation Engineer Job Profile check-out CV Owls complete guide on skills to include in resume.
Must Read: 10 Best Skills to include on your Resume
How to write experience in Automation Engineer Resume
Your work experience is one of the essential sections of your Automation Engineer resume. How you frame this point in your resume determines your chances of getting selected by the hiring manager.
A Automation Engineer Resume must be inclusive of industry related technical keywords and jargons. Strike a balance between resume keywords and overall meaning to make sure that even a General HR going through your Automation Engineer resume will be able to extract relevant information.
Don't just keep going on writing the long work experiences without highlighting your performance results in figures. It's better to quantify your performance; this will strengthen your Automation Engineer resume experience section.
Another way is to keep a separate Key Achievements section for all your work profiles. Through this way, it is easy for the HR Manager to differentiate your job role from your achievements.
While the latter resume section can be numbers-heavy, your job responsibilities can focus on your role itself.
Follow the below key points you must keep in mind while writing your experience section of your Automation Engineer resume.
- Show Range
- Show Results
- Demonstrate Specialization
- Use of Action Words/Power Verbs
- Bolding & Bucketing/Sub-headings
Must Read: How an Application Tracking System works?
Certifications required for Automation Engineer Resume
Top Automation Engineer Certificates your resume MUST HAVE:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Certification(MCSA)
- Value Management Practitioner (VMP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- CompTIA Server+
Education Section in Automation Engineer Resume sample
Most jobs requiring a bachelor’s degree for an QA Automation Engineer job post will ask for bachelors in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering and some jobs demand an Engineering degree in Physics too.
Some high level Automation Engineer posts demand candidates with Master’s Degree in Automation Engineer. But if you have relevant experience in fields of biotechnology, automotive, systems designs, having or not having a master’s degree will not affect your candidature.
Mention your educational degree, school's name, and location. It is not necessary to mention the year you graduated if it was more than 10 years ago. Write down your academic achievements such as your GPA, or other awards, if you're a fresh graduate.
Must Read: Here’s what not to include in your Resume?
Hobbies/Interests in Automation Engineer Resume Sample
An active and robust Hobbies/Interests resume section means you are an individual with strong interests and have a life outside of work.
- For an entry-level professional, it is essential to list his/her high-school/college achievements because it's only they have. li>For applicants having an experience between 0-10, it will be a plus-point to add those extracurricular accomplishments that align with the job which you are targeting. li>But for people with 10+ years of professional experience, it is not that useful to list out your achievements at under-graduate levels (but you can surely mention awe-inspiring accomplishments that resonate with you).
Must Read: The Best Way to Keep Your Resume Updated
Automation Engineer CV Review
Does your Automation Engineer CV pass the 10-second test? Send us a copy of your Automation Engineer ACV and our professional CV writers will assess it and email you the suggestions. With over three years of experience within the recruitment industry, we know precisely what employers are trying to find during an applicant's resume.
Would you wish for an expert opinion on your Automation Engineer Resume/CV? Then, CV Owl’s CV and resume review service is best for you. Our service aims to help you maximize the impact of your Automation Engineer CV, achieve your career goals and assist you in creating an interview-winning resume.
You are sure to get feedback on how your Resume/CV is scanned by Application Tracking System (ATS) and how the recruiters use it to filter out the applicants. So there aren't any excuses not to get your Automation Engineer CV reviewed by CV Owl.
Automation Engineer Cover Letter Sample
Writing an excellent Automation Engineer cover letter is an essential step in your job search journey. A good Automation Engineer cover letter showcases your relevant experiences and formally requests the opportunity for an interview.
The cover letter examples we've compiled are perfect for a variety of management professionals. Be sure to use the Automation Engineer cover letter sample as a starting point when crafting your own job-winning business cover letters along with your Automation Engineer CV.
Remember these points when writing a Automation Engineer resume:
- Fulfil your employer's expectations. You review your Automation Engineer Resume or CV as if you are the hiring manager.
- Follow the Job description religiously and then tailor your Resume or Automation Engineer CV accordingly.
- All you have to do is to prove the hiring manager that you are the best fit for the job post.
- Typically a reverse-chronological resume format is used. But try to opt for the resume format (functional /combination / reverse-chronological resume) that best serves your purpose.
- If you are an entry-level Automation Engineer, you can go for an Objective section on your Automation Engineer resume. But for experienced one’s, it is necessary to have a Professional Summary section.
- Under your Automation Engineer resume Skills section prepare a separate section for Technical Skills that align the Job Description.
- When you are describing your work, don't forget to provide clarity to the recruiter by giving its context.
- Show off your soft skills and professional experience. Even if your role is massive on analysis and numbers, no one wants to work with a robot.
Check out CV Owl's Online Resume Builder for more Automation Engineer resume templates and multiple designs!
Are you still facing any difficulty while crafting your Automation Engineer Resume? End all your doubts and worries by writing to our Resume Experts at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are sure to get reverted in 24 hours!