What PHP developers do?
PHP developers are behind creating zestful websites and business applications using various programming languages. They grasp a huge range of duties, such as designing, developing, and executing programs.
These developers are experts in altering existing code to add new features and magnify the product according to clients' needs. Moreover, they also perform debugging to remove errors and ensure the product gives contemplate output as well as assist with technical documentation for the entire evolution life-cycle.
Writing a PHP developer resume (or any resume) is a far more scientific exercise that follows the design, business ethics, and some rules.
PHP Developer Resume Writing Tips
- Choose the right PHP Developer Resume Format.
- Make sure your PHP Developer Resume is beguiled and hypnotic.
- Start with telling your Career Objective as a PHP Developer.
- Complex your professional experience
- Vaunt Your Achievements in Your Professional Experience Section
- Add the additional skills to buttress your profile.
- Add those work experiences that are relevant and required for the job.
- Create a short and crisp summary that tells how you are the right asset for the role of PHP Developer.
- Refine Your Job Titles to Get Your PHP Developer Resume Read.
- Highlight Your Most Relevant Resume Skills.
- Use PHP developer Keywords This Will Assure The Recruiter About Your Knowledge About The Same.
- Label Any Employment Gaps Clearly in your PHP Developer Resume.
PHP Developer Resume Format
The purpose of a resume is to flourish your abilities to employers while telling why you would be the right fit with the company and become a valuable asset. Everyone has different abilities, resume skills, years of experience in a related field, or exemplary academic achievements and certifications.
Depending on your situation, highlight only those qualities and skills that will give the employer a glimpse of your knowledge about PHP Developer and proves your candidacy for the job post of PHP Developer.
Regardless of what your current status is, a fresher graduate, professional expert or the one seeking change in career path, there is a set professional resume format.
How will you arrange all the sections in the PHP developer resume? What is the order of the sections? You will get answers to these questions in the format of the resume.
It is the resume format for your PHP developer resume that will dictate which section goes where, and in what order. Consequently, there can be three possible resume formats for you to choose from:
- The Reverse Chronological Resume Format
- The Functional Resume Format
- The Combination (Hybrid) Resume Format
The chronological resume format is the most used resume format, and probably the one you are using now. As the name suggests, a reverse chronological resume states your current position first. It follows your past experiences and education. This resume format highlights your most recent work experience.
It best matches the needs of those who want to show vertical career progression in their specific field, those who have no gaps in their employment history, and those who wish to be posted in the same or related industry.
But If you've changed jobs like you change your clothes, or have prominent gaps in your working history, or want to change your career path or shift to a new industry, this resume format is probably not for you.
This type of resume format highlights your notable skills. Basically, a functional resume format throws light on your expertise skills and qualifications. You must customize your resume to include industry-specific keywords and skill requirements used in the job posting.
Those with a particular skill set that they want to emphasize should use this resume format. This resume format is also great for you if your employment history shows some gap years or if you are keen on changing your career and want to shift to a new industry.
If you don't have a heavy skillset to show off or are a recent graduate, this resume format wouldn't be the right choice.
The combination resume format of the reverse-chronological and functional resume formats. It offers the most flexibility because it consists of a mixture format. This resume format is for those with well-developed skill sets and background of mixed experience and education .
This resume format is the right one for you if you are an expert or extremely experienced in the given field. It may also work well for you if you are making initiating towards a new career path, or have a particularly relevant skillset.
To have a professionally formatted PHP Developer Resume is a cherry on the cake but remember to pour some quality content in your resume as well. It is advisable to spend adequate time researching for the job position and then only after due consideration develops your resume.
Choose the resume format that reflects your personality and gives you the most confidence.
PHP Developer salary
- A senior PHP developer's average base pay in India is 5.60 l.p.a.
- IndiaNIC InfoTech. IndiaNIC InfoTech, Clarion Technologies, IntellectSoft, Parangat Technologies, Sparx IT solutions, Net Solutions, Sphinx Solutions are the top 10 companies which hire PHP developers in India.
- The highest salary a PHP developer gets is 1,061 l.p.a.
- Highest salaries providing at IndiaNIC Infotech Ltd where the average pay is ₹386,152
- Neosoft pays the lowest at around ₹300,000
PHP Developer Resume Headline
A resume headline is a short one-line phrase that highlights and summarizes your professional strengths. It is also called a resume title. It communicates to the employer about what you can offer to an organization when you're hired and how you can become a valuable asset for the company.
It is more like the headline of a news story. Your PHP developer resume title should be brief and easy to read. It should highlight the qualifications that are most relevant to the job you have applied for.
Recruiters and hiring managers review if not, hundreds of resumes every day. So write a resume headline that is concise and crisp. Moreover, a good resume title will at once give the hiring manager a good idea about your candidacy for the job.
PHP Developer Resume Summary
One of the most critical aspects while crafting a PHP Developer resume is how to start it. The best way to give yourself a headstart from others is by providing a compelling yet informative summary of your PHP Developer resume.
Are you using a summary or an objective?
Summary and objective sections are at very first glance spotted by the recruiter. So make sure you have one. An objective section in the resume talks about what you want to achieve in your next job position. And a summary briefs about what you will serve to the company with your skills and experience. It is necessary to give a review if you are an expert because you have many things to flaunt in your PHP Developer resume. But if you are a recent graduate, it is optional to provide a summary, because as a fresh graduate you will have very little to summarize.
So a resume summary should tell a story of us as a professional. That's the best way to start.
Put yourself in the employer's shoes, then think what a hiring manager would be expecting. What do they think when they hire php developer? Make sure your resume summary is compelling so that it forces the hiring manager to go through all the rest of the details in brief.
A resume is the main weapon which helps in hiring PHP developers. Employers now understand whether the candidate really knows PHP or not just by seeing their resume. There are small and big things that can hinder your resume while hiring . These are some important pointers you can see while modifying your PHP developer resume.
- Lack of substructure, experience, and skills can give negative marks to your resume.
- Experience of working with substructure, but don't display engineering workmanship.
- Candidates who can solve composite problems or have software leadership skills and are extraordinarily skilled at PHP. (Best)
Sections your PHP developer resume should have
- Work experience
- Internships (if any)
- Technical skills
- Certifications (if any)
- Achievements (if any)
- References (if asked)
Some PHP Developer Resume questions you’ve in your mind.
- What format should your PHP programmer resume be in?
- What technical skills to include in your PHP developer resume?
- Should you include references on a PHP developer resume?
- How many skills (soft skills and hard skills) should you put on a PHP developer resume?
Your format should be neat and easy to read and creative so that it becomes easy for the recruiter to scan your resume. Keep it simple because using some extra modification can make your resume lengthy. You have to make it as short as possible (Min 1-page max 2) and put all the relevant data required. Having a very big resume because of fancy modification can give a negative impact and reduce the chances of your selection.
References are optional, and you should include it only when you're asked to include.
This part can take space in your resume, so it is recommended not to include it if not asked by the recruiter. You have to keep your resume on one page. You may be able to include them in a separate document .
This part is like you are asking how much sugar is needed in the cake. The more sugar you put, the more the cake will taste better. But do not overflow it. Don't put those skills which are not required in the job. This also does not mean that you are only putting skills, and your resume is becoming more than one page. You should mention your soft skills because this can help your employer to know more while hiring you as a PHP Developer.
It also depends on the amount of space you have left after writing your professional summary of qualifications and your work experience. Often, five to seven are all you need, but you can go up to as many as 10 if you have space.
Certification PHP Developer must have
Top 5 certification
- PHP 5.3
- MySQL Developer
- LPI 1
- Zend Framework
- MySQL Administrator
Top technical skills for PHP developer resume
- Knowledge of Ajax, jQuery, and MySQL.
- APIs, Unix/Linux, and MVC Framework Architecture.
- Understanding CakePHP- an open-source web framework, and PHPUnit- a unit testing framework.
- Photoshop or a similar design tool
- Good communication skills
- Critical thinking
The most wanted PHP developer soft skills on resumes
- Time management
- Approachability and helpfulness
- Interpersonal skills
How to write experience in PHP Developer resume
Writing experience is a very crucial part of your resume because you have to highlight your past worthiness, what that company achieved with your help or style of work to the present employer or hiring manager.
Don't just keep going on writing the long work experiences without highlighting your performance results in figures. It's better to quantify your performance; this will strengthen your PHP Developer resume experience section. Showing ranges and results will tell the employer automatically how you can become their valuable asset in future.
Follow the below key points you must keep in mind while writing your experience section of your business analyst resume.
- Show Range
- Show Results
- Demonstrate Specialization
- Use of Action Words/Power Verbs
- Bolding & Bucketing/Sub-headings
Education Section in PHP Developer Resume sample
There is no specific degree required for PHP Developer. Jobs required a Bachelor's degree in computer science (preferred). However, it may be possible to get a job with the right combination of education and experience. A bachelor's degree program that would help you as a PHP developer include web programming, data structures and algorithms, quantitative reasoning, computing architecture, object-oriented development, and operating systems.
Mention your educational degree, school's name, and location. It is not necessary to mention the year you graduated if it was more than 10 years ago. Write down your academic achievements such as your GPA, or other awards, if you're a fresh graduate.
PHP developer CV Review
Does your PHP developer CV pass the 10-second test? Send us a copy of your PHP developer CV, and our professional CV writers will assess it and email you the suggestions. With over three years of experience within the recruitment industry, we know precisely what employers are trying to find during an applicant's resume.
Would you wish for an expert opinion on your PHP developer Resume/CV? Then, CV Owl's CV and resume review service are best for you. Our service aims to help you maximize the impact of your PHP developer CV, achieve your career goals and assist you in creating an interview-winning resume .
You are sure to get feedback on how your resume/CV is scanned by Application Tracking System (ATS) and how the recruiters use it to filter out the applicants. So there aren't any excuses not to get your PHP developer CV reviewed by CV Owl.
PHP Developer Cover Letter Sample
Writing an excellent PHP developer cover letter is an essential step in your job search journey. A good PHP developer cover letter showcases your relevant experiences and formally requests the opportunity for an interview.
The cover letter examples we've assembled are ideal for a variety of management professionals. Be sure to use the PHP developer cover letter sample as a starting point when crafting your own job-winning business cover letters along with your PHP Developer CV.
Remember these points when writing a PHP Developer resume:
- Fulfil your employer's expectations. You review your PHP Developer Resume or CV as if you are the hiring manager and you are hiring PHP developers
- Follow the Job description religiously and then tailor your Resume or PHP Developer CV accordingly.
- All you have to do is to prove the hiring manager that you are the best fit for the job post.
- Typically a reverse-chronological resume format is used. But try to opt for the resume format ( functional /combination / reverse-chronological resume) that best serves your purpose.
- If you are an entry-level PHP Developer, you can go for an Objective section on your PHP Developer resume. But for experienced one's, it is necessary to have a Professional Summary section.
- Under your PHP Developer, resume Skills section, prepare a separate section for Technical Skills that align the Job Description.
- When you are describing your work, don't forget to provide clarity to the recruiter by giving its context.
- Show off your soft skills and professional experience. Even if your role is massive on analysis and numbers, no one wants to work with a robot.
Check out CV Owl's Online Resume Builder for more PHP Developer resume templates and multiple designs!
Are you still facing any difficulty while crafting your PHP Developer Resume? End all your doubts and worries by writing to our Resume Experts at email@example.com. You are sure to get reverted in 24 hours!