Who are Video editors, and what do they do?
Video Editors are generally oversee for editing and congregate recorded raw material into a worthy, finished product ready for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects, etc. Their work is to take out maximum value from the content available to them with their skills. This job requires very creative heads because of different choices and tastes of different people. They have to moulde things in that way so that it can attract maximum people.
Here's what a Video editor does:
- Capture studio-quality photographs and video.
- Work on and off-site
- Oversee all technical details of video recording and editing
- Follow the company's brand guidelines
- Make an overall video brand messaging strategy
- Producing and editing photos and videos that will be give out across many social media platforms
Video editor Resume Writing Tips
- Choose the right Video editor Resume Format.
- Make sure your Video editor Resume is captivating and compelling.
- Begin with stating your Career Objective as a Video editor
- Elaborate your professional experience
- Go through all video editor resume template
- Boast Your Achievements in Your Professional Experience Section
- Add the additional skills to strengthen your profile.
- You need not create a catalogue of your work history, only add those work experiences that are relevant and necessary to mention
- Create a short and crisp summary that tells how you are right for the role of Video editor
- Tweak Your Job Titles to Get Your Video editor Resume Read
- Highlight Your Most Relevant Resume Skills
- Use Video editor Keywords This Will Assure The Recruiter About Your Knowledge About The Same
- Address Any Employment Gaps Clearly in your Video editor Resume
Video editor Resume Format
The purpose of a resume is to flaunt your abilities to a hiring manager while demonstrating why you would be the right fit with the company. Everyone possesses different abilities, resume skills, years of experience in a related field, or exemplary academic achievements and certifications.
Depending on your situation, highlight only those qualities and skills that will give the recruiter a glimpse of your knowledge about Video editor and proves your candidacy for the job post of Video editor .
Regardless of what your current status is,a fresher graduate, professional expert or the one seeking change in career path,there is a set professional resume format.
How will you arrange all the sections in the Video editor resume? What is the order of the sections? You will get answers to these questions in the format of the resume or in the video editor resume template .
It is the resume format for your Video editor resume that will dictate which section goes where, and in what order. Consequently, there can be three possible resume formats for you to choose from:
- The Reverse Chronological Resume Format
- The Functional Resume Format
- The Combination (Hybrid) Resume Format
The chronological resume format is the most used resume format, and probably the one you are using now. As the name suggests, a reverse chronological resume states your current position first. It follows your past experiences and education. This resume format highlights your most recent work experience.
It best matches the needs of those who want to show vertical career progression in their specific field, those who have no gaps in their employment history, and those who wish to be posted in the same or related industry.
But If you've changed jobs like you change your clothes, or have prominent gaps in your working history, or want to change your career path or shift to a new industry, this resume format is probably not for you.
This type of resume format highlights your notable skills. Basically, a functional resume format throws light on your expertise skills and qualifications.You must customize your resume to include industry-specific keywords and skill requirements used in the job posting.
Those with a particular skill set that they want to emphasize should use this resume format. This resume format is also great for you if your employment history shows some gap years or if you are keen on changing your career and want to shift to a new industry.
If you don't have a heavy skillset to show off or are a recent graduate, this resume format wouldn't be the right choice.
The combination resume format of the reverse-chronological and functional resume formats. It offers the most flexibility because it consists of a mixture format. This resume format is for those with well-developed skill sets and background of mixed experience and education.
This resume format is the right one for you if you are an expert or extremely experienced in the given field. It may also work well for you if you are making initiating towards a new career path, or have a particularly relevant skillset.
To have a professionally formatted Video editor Resume is a cherry on the cake but remember to pour some quality content in your resume as well. It is advisable to spend adequate time researching for the job position and then only after due consideration develop your resume.
Choose the resume format that reflects your personality and gives you the most confidence.
Must Read: The Ultimate Guide to Resume Keywords
Video editor Salary
- The average salary that an experienced Video editor receives in India is between ₹3-9 l.p.a.
- The top companies hiring for the job title Video editor, WEBDEW, Youtube(work under a big content creator), Freelancer, ETV Network.
- Reported salaries are highest at ₹27.52 l.p.a. By Mu Sigma  ;
- Other companies paying good for this job position include ETV Networkand Myntra, earning around ₹2.16 l.p.a and ₹4.93 l.p.a. respectively.
- The lowest annual income reported at approximately ₹2.1 l.p.a.
Video editor Resume Headline
A resume headline is a short one-line phrase that highlights and summarizes your professional strengths. It is also called a resume title. It communicates to the hiring manager about what you can offer to an organization when you're hired.
It is more like the headline of a news story. Your Video editor resume title should be brief and easy to read. It should highlight the qualifications that are most relevant to the job you have applied for.
Recruiters and hiring managers review if not, hundreds of resumes everyday. So write a resume headline that is concise and crisp. Moreover, a good resume title will at once give the hiring manager a good idea about your candidacy for the job. If you're still confused, do check the video editor resume templates available online because when you go through those templates then you will get the idea how things are done.
Must Read: How to Name Your Resume and Cover Letter
Video editor Resume Summary
One of the most critical aspects while crafting a Video editor resume is how to start it. The best way to give yourself a headstart from others is by providing a compelling yet informative summary of your Video editor resume.
Are you using a summary or an objective?
Summary and objective sections are at very first glance spotted by the recruiter. So make sure you have one. An objective section in the resume talks about what you want to achieve in your next job position. And a summary briefs about what you will serve to the company with your skills and experience. It is necessary to give a review, if you are an expert because you have many things to flaunt in your Video editor resume. But if you are a recent graduate, it is optional to provide a summary, because as a fresh graduate you will have very little to summarize.
So a resume summary should tell a story of us as a professional. That's the best way to start.
Put yourself in the employer's shoes, then think what a hiring manager would be expecting. Make sure your resume summary is compelling so that it forces the hiring manager to go through all the rest of the details in brief.
Refer the below resume summary from the above video editor resume template/ sample:
Skills to include in a Video editor Resume
It is the critical skills of a Video editor that will set him apart from rest out of the crowd.
Don't commit the mistake of stuffing your resume with keywords—emphasis only industry-related skills in your Professional Experience section. A typical HR manager won't even take a minute to see if a resume is genuine or whether it is copied-pasted by the applicant.
The need for a Video editor may be different for each company and industry. For example: If you were a Video editor in 2 companies, the 3rd company which you are applying might demand a different skill set.
So what it is something you should include for sure in your Video editor resume that will help you to outstand others. It is the Job Description. Job description lays down the skills and qualities that the recruiter is looking for in a candidate. You should align your resume skills along the lines of the requirements of the job post.
The most wanted Video editor soft skills on resumes
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
Top technical skills for Video editor resume
- Video editing
- Adobe premiere
- Adobe creative cloud
- Avid media composer
- Media management
- Premiere Pro
- Video music editing
- Voice over editing
- DVD Studio Pro
- Final Cut Pro
For a more detailed guide on Resume Key Skills for a Video editor Job Profile check-out CV Owls complete guide on skills to include in resume.
Must Read: 10 Best Skills to include on your Resume
How to write experience in Video editor Resume
Your work experience is one of the essential sections of your Video editor resume. How you frame this point in your resume determines your chances of getting selected by the hiring manager.
A Video editor Resume must be inclusive of industry related technical keywords and jargons. Strike a balance between resume keywords and overall meaning to make sure that even a General HR going through your Video editor resume will be able to extract relevant information.
Don't just keep going on writing the long work experiences without highlighting your performance results in figures. It's better to quantify your performance; this will strengthen your Video editor resume experience section.
Another way is to keep a separate Key Achievements section for all your work profiles. Through this way, it is easy for the HR Manager to differentiate your job role from your achievements.
While the latter resume section can be numbers-heavy, your job responsibilities can focus on your role itself.
Follow the below key points you must keep in mind while writing your experience section of your Video editor resume.
- Show Range
- Show Results
- Demonstrate Specialization
- Use of Action Words/Power Verbs
- Bolding & Bucketing/Sub-headings
Must Read: How an Application Tracking System works?
Certifications required for Video editor Resume
Top Video editor Certificates your resume MUST HAVE:
Education Section in Video editor Resume template/sample
There's no specific degree required for being a Video editor, as it depends on what the company position demands. Mostly the jobs requiring a bachelor’s degree will ask for bachelors in animation or media arts.
Candidates applying for a senior role for a Video editor are not required to have Master's. Having some good experience in editing videos or having a good idea about the hot software which are used in the company you're applying to.
Mention your educational degree, school's name, and location. It is not necessary to mention the year you graduated if it was more than 10 years ago. Write down your academic achievements such as your GPA, or other awards, if you're a fresh graduate.
Must Read: Here’s what not to include in your Resume?
Hobbies/Interests in video editor resume template/ sample
An active and robust Hobbies/Interests resume section means you are an individual with strong interests and have a life outside of work.
- For an entry-level professional, it is essential to list his/her high-school/college achievements because it's only they have.
- For applicants having an experience between 0-10, it will be a plus-point to add those ectra-curricular accomplishments that align with the job which you are targeting.
- But for people with 10+ years of professional experience, it is not that useful to list out your achievements at under-graduate levels ( but you can surely mention awe-inspiring accomplishments that resonate with you).
Must Read: The Best Way to Keep Your Resume Updated
Video editor CV Review
Does your Video editor CV pass the 10-second test? Send us a copy of your Video editor CV, and our professional CV writers will assess it and email you the suggestions. With over three years of experience within the recruitment industry, we know precisely what employers are trying to find during an applicant's resume.
Would you wish for an expert opinion on your Video editor Resume/CV? Then, CV Owl’s CV and resume review service is best for you.Our service aims to help you maximize the impact of your Video editor CV, achieve your career goals and assist you in creating an interview-winning resume.
You are sure to get feedback on how your Resume/CV is scanned by Application Tracking System (ATS) and how the recruiters use it to filter out the applicants. So there aren't any excuses not to get your Video editor CV reviewed by CV Owl.
Video editor Cover Letter Sample
Writing an excellent Video editor cover letter is an essential step in your job search journey. A good Video editor cover letter showcases your relevant experiences and formally requests the opportunity for an interview.
The cover letter examples we've compiled are perfect for a variety of professionals. Be sure to use the Video editor cover letter sample as a starting point when crafting your own job-winning cover letters along with your Video editor CV.
Remember these points when writing a Video editor resume:
- Fulfil your employer's expectations. You review your Video editor Resume or CV as if you are the hiring manager.
- Follow the Job description religiously and then tailor your Resume or Video editor CV accordingly .
- All you have to do is to prove the hiring manager that you are the best fit for the job post.
- Typically a reverse-chronological resume format is used. But try to opt for the resume format ( functional /combination / reverse-chronological resume) that best serves your purpose.
- If you are an entry-level Video editor, you can go for an Objective section on your Video editor resume. But for experienced one’s, it is necessary to have a Professional Summary section.
- Under your Video editor resume Skills section prepare a separate section for Technical Skills that align the Job Description.
- When you are describing your work, don't forget to provide clarity to the recruiter by giving its context.
- Show off your soft skills and professional experience. Even if your role is massive on analysis and numbers, no one wants to work with a robot.
Check out CV Owl's Online Resume Builder for more Video editor resume templates and multiple designs!
Are you still facing any difficulty while crafting your Video editor Resume? End all your doubts and worries by writing to our Resume Experts at email@example.com. You are sure to get reverted in 24 hours!