Who are Medical Medical Lab Technicians, and what do they do?
A Medical Lab Technician conveys out high mechanical, technical, or diagnostic tests in a laboratory. Lab technicals work independently or under the administration of a professional in a laboratory or in minor emergency centers, private laboratories, blood donor centers, Healthcare centres and clinics.
They are in charge of a variety of work, which includes recording data, cushioning the accuracy and regulation of scientific experiments, maintaining equipment and lab tools.
All the work that lab tech does goes along with very rigid guidelines.
Here's what a Medical Lab Technician does:
- Medical Medical Lab Technicians perform experiments.
- Medical Medical Lab Technicians make sure the proper function of laboratory equipment.
- Medical Lab Technician Maintain correct and very detailed records of research.
- Medical Lab Technician Order and stock laboratory supplies.
- Medical Lab Technician Identify biological samples for storage.
- Medical Medical Lab Technicians do Prepare catalogs.
- Medical Medical Lab Technicians Perform blood tests
Medical Lab Technician Resume Writing Tips
- Choose the right Medical Lab Technician Resume Format.
- Make sure your Medical Lab Technician Resume is captivating and compelling.
- Begin with stating your Career Objective as a Medical Lab Technician
- Elaborate your professional experience
- Boast Your Achievements in Your Professional Experience Section
- Add the additional skills to strengthen your profile.
- You need not create a catalogue of your work history, only add those work experiences that are relevant and necessary to mention
- Create a short and crisp summary that tells how you are right for the role of Medical Lab Technician
- Tweak Your Job Titles to Get Your Medical Lab Technician Resume Read
- Highlight Your Most Relevant Resume Skills
- Use Keywords This Will Assure The Recruiter About Your Knowledge About The Same
- Address Any Employment Gaps Clearly in your Medical Lab Technician Resume (If you are a professional Medical Lab Technician)
- If you are a freelancer Medical Lab Technician, then mention that.
Medical Lab Technician Resume Format
The purpose of a resume is to flaunt your abilities to a hiring manager while demonstrating why you would be the right fit with the company. Everyone possesses different skills, resume skills, years of experience in a related field, or exemplary academic achievements and certifications.
Depending on your situation, highlight only those qualities and skills that will give the recruiter a glimpse of your knowledge about Medical Lab Technician and proves your candidacy for the job post of Medical Lab Technician.
Regardless of what your current status is, a fresher graduate, professional expert or the one seeking change in career path, there is a set professional resume format.
How will you arrange all the sections in the Medical Lab Technician resume? What is the order of the parts? You will get answers to these questions in the format of the Resume.
It is the resume format for your Medical Lab Technician resume that will dictate which section goes where, and in what order. Consequently, there can be three possible resume formats for you to choose from:
- The Reverse Chronological Resume Format
- The Functional Resume Format
- The Combination (Hybrid) Resume Format
The chronological resume format is the most used, and probably the one you are using now. As the name suggests, a reverse chronological resume states your current position first. It follows your past experiences and education. This resume format highlights your most recent work experience.
It best matches the needs of those who want to show vertical career progression in their specific field, those who have no gaps in their employment history, and those who wish to be posted in the same or related industry.
But If you've changed jobs like you change your clothes, or have prominent gaps in your working history, or want to change your career path or shift to a new industry, this resume format is probably not for you.
This type of resume format highlights your essential skills. A functional resume format throws light on your expertise, skills and qualifications. You must customise your Resume to include industry-specific keywords and skill requirements used in the job posting.
Those with a particular skill set that they want to emphasise should use this resume format. This resume format is also great for you if your employment history shows some gap years or if you are keen on changing your career and want to shift to a new industry.
If you don't have a heavy skillset to show off or are a recent graduate, this resume format wouldn't be the right choice.
The combination resume format of the reverse-chronological and functional resume formats. It offers the most flexibility because it consists of a mixture format. This resume format is for those with well-developed skill sets and background of mixed experience and education.
This resume format is the right one for you if you are an expert or extremely experienced in the given field. It may also work well for you if you are making initiating towards a new career path, or have a particularly relevant skillset.
To have a professionally formatted Medical Lab Technician Resume is a cherry on the cake but remember to pour some quality content in your Resume as well. It is advisable to spend adequate time researching for the job position and then only after due consideration develops your Resume.
Choose the resume format that reflects your personality and gives you the most confidence.
Must Read: The Ultimate Guide to Resume Keywords
Medical Lab Technician Salary
- The average salary that a Medical Lab Technician receives in India is ₹2.43 l.p.a.
- The company hiring for the job title Medical Lab Technician is Apollo Hospitals, Dr Lal Pathlabs Limited providing a pay of ₹2-3 l.p.a .
- Dr Lal Pathlabs Limited offers a ₹4 l.p.a package to its professional Medical Medical Lab Technicians with work experience of 2-3 years.
Medical Lab Technician Resume Headline
A resume headline is a short one-line phrase that highlights and summarises your professional strengths. It is also called a resume title. It communicates to the hiring manager about what you can offer to an organisation when you're hired.
It is more like the headline of a news story. Your Medical Lab Technician resume title should be brief and easy to read. It should highlight the qualifications that are most relevant to the job you have applied for.
Recruiters and hiring managers usually have to review hundreds of resumes every day. So write a resume headline that is concise and crisp. Moreover, a good resume title will at once give the hiring manager a good idea about your candidacy for the job.
Must Read: How to Name Your Resume and Cover Letter
Medical Lab Technician Resume Summary
One of the most critical aspects while crafting a Medical Lab Technician resume is how to start it. The best way to give yourself a headstart from others is by providing a compelling yet informative summary of your Medical Lab Technician resume.
Are you using a summary or an objective?
The recruiter at very first glance spots summary and objective sections. So make sure you have one. An objective section in the Resume talks about what you want to achieve in your next job position. And a summary briefs about what you will serve to the company with your skills and experience. It is necessary to give a review if you are an expert because you have many things to flaunt in your Medical Lab Technician resume. But if you are a recent graduate, it is optional to provide a summary, because as a fresh graduate you will have very little to summarise.
So a resume summary should tell a story of us as a professional. That's the best way to start.
Put yourself in the employer's shoes, then think what a hiring manager would be expecting. Make sure your resume summary is compelling so that it forces the hiring manager to go through all the rest of the details in brief.
Refer the below resume summary from the above Medical Lab Technician resume sample:
Skills to include in a Medical Lab Technician Resume
It is the critical skills of a Medical Lab Technician that will set him apart from rest out of the crowd.
Don't commit the mistake of stuffing your Resume with keywords—emphasis only industry-related skills in your Professional Experience section. A typical HR manager won't even take a minute to see if a resume is genuine or whether it is copied-pasted by the applicant.
The need for a Medical Lab Technician may be different for each company and industry. For example: If you were a Medical Lab Technician in 2 companies, the 3rd company which you are applying might demand a different skill set.
So what it is something you should include for sure in your Medical Lab Technician resume that will help you to outstand others. It is the Job Description. Job description lays down the skills and qualities that the recruiter is looking for in a candidate. You should align your resume skills along the lines of the requirements of the job post .
The most wanted Medical Lab Technician soft skills on resumes
- Customer Service
- Attention to detail
- Good Researching skills
Top technical skills for Medical Lab Technician resume
- Wet Chemistry
- Lab Equipment
- PH Meter
- Data Entry
- Test Cases
For a more detailed guide on Resume Key Skills for a Medical Lab Technician Job Profile check-out, CV Owls complete guide on skills to include in Resume.
Must Read: 10 Best Skills to include on your Resume
How to write experience in Medical Lab Technician Resume
Your work experience is one of the essential sections of your Medical Lab Technician resume. How you frame this point in your Resume determines your chances of getting selected by the hiring manager.
A Medical Lab Technician Resume must be inclusive of industry-related technical keywords and jargons. Strike a balance between resume keywords and overall meaning to make sure that even a General HR going through your Medical Lab Technician resume will be able to extract relevant information.
Don't just keep going on writing the long work experiences without highlighting your performance results in figures. It's better to quantify your performance; this will strengthen your Medical Lab Technician resume experience section.
Another way is to keep a separate Key Achievements section for all your work profiles. Through this way, it is easy for the HR Manager to differentiate your job role from your achievements.
While the latter resume section can be numbers-heavy, your job responsibilities can focus on your role itself.
Follow the below key points you must keep in mind while writing the experience section of your Medical Lab Technician resume.
- Show Range
- Show Results
- Demonstrate Specialisation
- Use of Action Words/Power Verbs
- Bolding & Bucketing/Sub-headings
Must Read: How an Application Tracking System works?
Education Section in Medical Lab Technician Resume sample
There's no specific degree required for being a Medical Lab Technician, as it depends on what the company position demands. Mostly the jobs requiring diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised Board. This course requires 2 year of time. There are also other certification courses as Medical Medical Lab Technicians which need 10+2 as the eligibility.
But frankly speaking, whatever background you have, the Medical Medical Lab Technicians field is open to you, what matters the most is how you present your skills in front of the employer.
Mention your educational degree, school's name, and location. It is not necessary to mention the year you graduated if it was more than 10 years ago. Write down your academic achievements such as your GPA, or other awards, if you're a fresh graduate.
Must Read: Here's what not to include in your Resume?
Hobbies/Interests in Medical Lab Technician Resume Sample
An active and robust Hobbies/Interests resume section means you are an individual with strong interests and have a life outside of work.
- For an entry-level professional, it is essential to list his/her high-school/college achievements because it's only they have.
- For applicants having experience between 0-10, it will be a plus-point to add those extracurricular accomplishments that align with the job which you are targeting.
- But for people with 10+ years of professional experience, it is not that useful to list out your achievements at under-graduate levels ( but you can surely mention awe-inspiring accomplishments that resonate with you).
Must Read: The Best Way to Keep Your Resume Updated
Medical Lab Technician CV Review
Does your Medical Lab Technician CV pass the 10-second test? Send us a copy of your Medical Lab Technician CV, and our professional CV writers will assess it and email you the suggestions. With over three years of experience within the recruitment industry, we know precisely what employers are trying to find during an applicant's Resume .
Would you wish for an expert opinion on your Medical Lab Technician Resume/CV? Then, CV Owl's CV and resume review service are best for you. Our service aims to help you maximise the impact of your Medical Lab Technician CV, achieve your career goals and assist you in creating an interview-winning resume .
You are sure to get feedback on how your resume/CV is scanned by the Application Tracking System (ATS) and how the recruiters use it to filter out the applicants. So there aren't any excuses not to get your Medical Lab Technician CV reviewed by CV Owl.
Medical Lab Technician Cover Letter Sample
Writing an excellent Medical Lab Technician cover letter is an essential step in your job search journey. A good Medical Lab Technician cover letter showcases your relevant experiences and formally requests the opportunity for an interview.
The cover letter examples we've compiled are perfect for a variety of management professionals. Be sure to use the Medical Lab Technician cover letter sample as a starting point when crafting your own job-winning business cover letters along with your Medical Lab Technician CV.
Remember these points when writing a Medical Lab Technician resume:
- Fulfil your employer's expectations. You review your Medical Lab Technician Resume or CV as if you are the hiring manager.
- Follow the Job description religiously and then tailor your Resume or Medical Lab Technician CV accordingly.
- All you have to do is to prove to the hiring manager that you are the best fit for the job post.
- Typically a reverse-chronological resume format is used. But try to opt for the resume format (functional /combination / reverse-chronological resume) that best serves your purpose.
- If you are an entry-level Medical Lab Technician, you can go for an Objective section on your Medical Lab Technician resume. But for experienced one's, it is necessary to have a Professional Summary section.
- Under your Medical Lab Technician resume Skills section prepare a separate section for Technical Skills that align the Job Description.
- When you are describing your work, don't forget to provide clarity to the recruiter by giving its context.
- Show off your soft skills and professional experience. Even if your role is massive on analysis and numbers, no one wants to work with a robot.
Check out CV Owl's Online Resume Builder for more Medical Lab Technician resume templates and multiple designs!
Are you still facing any difficulty while crafting your Medical Lab Technician Resume? End all your doubts and worries by writing to our Resume Experts at email@example.com. You are sure to get reverted in 24 hours!