Who are Medical Representatives, and what do they do?
A medical representative's nain work is to promote and sell their company's products, whether that's pharmaceutical drugs or medical equipment or any other product related to medical stuff. Customers can include doctors, nurses and pharmacists. The medical representative's main focus is to increase product recognition, answer customers queries, provide advice to customer and general public and introduce new products to the general public
Here's what a Medical Representative does:
- Medical Representative organising appointments and meetings
- They identify and establish new business according to where the demand is more.
- They also do some research related work.
- Their work is to check if both the business and scientific needs of healthcare professionals are going along.
- They maintain detailed records.
- They also review sales performance
- Medical Representative writes reports and other documents
Medical Representative Resume Writing Tips
- Choose the right Medical Representative Resume Format.
- Make sure your Medical Representative Resume is captivating and compelling.
- Begin with stating your Career Objective as a Medical Representative
- Elaborate your professional experience
- Boast Your Achievements in Your Professional Experience Section
- Add the additional skills to strengthen your profile.
- You need not create a catalogue of your work history, only add those work experiences that are relevant and necessary to mention
- Create a short and crisp summary that tells how you are right for the role of Medical Representative
- Tweak Your Job Titles to Get Your Medical Representative Resume Read
- Highlight Your Most Relevant Resume Skills
- Use Keywords This Will Assure The Recruiter About Your Knowledge About The Same
- Address Any Employment Gaps Clearly in your Medical Representative Resume (If you are a professional Medical Representative )
- If you are a freelancer Medical Representative , then mention that.
Medical Representative Resume Format
The purpose of a resume is to flaunt your abilities to a hiring manager while demonstrating why you would be the right fit with the company. Everyone possesses different skills, resume skills, years of experience in a related field, or exemplary academic achievements and certifications.
Depending on your situation, highlight only those qualities and skills that will give the recruiter a glimpse of your knowledge about Medical Representative and proves your candidacy for the job post of Medical Representative .
Regardless of what your current status is, a fresher graduate, professional expert or the one seeking change in career path, there is a set professional resume format.
How will you arrange all the sections in the Medical Representative resume? What is the order of the parts? You will get answers to these questions in the format of the Resume.
It is the resume format for your Medical Representative resume that will dictate which section goes where, and in what order. Consequently, there can be three possible resume formats for you to choose from:
- The Reverse Chronological Resume Format
- The Functional Resume Format
- The Combination (Hybrid) Resume Format
The chronological resume format is the most used, and probably the one you are using now. As the name suggests, a reverse chronological resume states your current position first. It follows your past experiences and education. This resume format highlights your most recent work experience.
It best matches the needs of those who want to show vertical career progression in their specific field, those who have no gaps in their employment history, and those who wish to be posted in the same or related industry.
But If you've changed jobs like you change your clothes, or have prominent gaps in your working history, or want to change your career path or shift to a new industry, this resume format is probably not for you.
This type of resume format highlights your essential skills. A functional resume format throws light on your expertise, skills and qualifications. You must customise your Resume to include industry-specific keywords and skill requirements used in the job posting.
Those with a particular skill set that they want to emphasise should use this resume format. This resume format is also great for you if your employment history shows some gap years or if you are keen on changing your career and want to shift to a new industry.
If you don't have a heavy skillset to show off or are a recent graduate, this resume format wouldn't be the right choice.
The combination resume format of the reverse-chronological and functional resume formats. It offers the most flexibility because it consists of a mixture format. This resume format is for those with well-developed skill sets and background of mixed experience and education.
This resume format is the right one for you if you are an expert or extremely experienced in the given field. It may also work well for you if you are making initiating towards a new career path, or have a particularly relevant skillset.
To have a professionally formatted Medical Representative Resume is a cherry on the cake but remember to pour some quality Medical Representative in your Resume as well. It is advisable to spend adequate time researching for the job position and then only after due consideration develops your Resume.
Choose the resume format that reflects your personality and gives you the most confidence.
Must Read: The Ultimate Guide to Resume Keywords
Medical Representative Salary
- The average salary that a Medical Representative receives in India is ₹ 2.05 l.p.a.
- The top company hiring for the job title Medical Representative is Cadila pharmaceuticals ltd medical representative that pays around ₹3.60 l.p.a.
- AMRT Medical representative reported the highest salary of ₹2.60l.p.a. to its Medical Representatives.
- Mankind pharma medical representative offers a ₹2.85 l.p.a package to its professional Medical Representatives.
- Other top recruiters for Medical Representative profiles are Systopic Laboratories, Lupin Limited, Symbiotic Remedies, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc.etc.
Medical Representative Resume Headline
A resume headline is a short one-line phrase that highlights and summarises your professional strengths. It is also called a resume title. It communicates to the hiring manager about what you can offer to an organisation when you're hired.
It is more like the headline of a news story. Your Medical Representative resume title should be brief and easy to read. It should highlight the qualifications that are most relevant to the job you have applied for.
Recruiters and hiring managers usually have to review hundreds of resumes every day. So write a resume headline that is concise and crisp. Moreover, a good resume title will at once give the hiring manager a good idea about your candidacy for the job.
Resume headline/title for Medical Representative
Must Read: How to Name Your Resume and Cover Letter
Medical Representative Resume Summary
One of the most critical aspects while crafting a Medical Representative resume is how to start it. The best way to give yourself a headstart from others is by providing a compelling yet informative summary of your Medical Representative resume.
Are you using a summary or an objective?
The recruiter at very first glance spots summary and objective sections. So make sure you have one. An objective section in the Resume talks about what you want to achieve in your next job position. And a summary briefs about what you will serve to the company with your skills and experience. It is necessary to give a review if you are an expert because you have many things to flaunt in your Medical Representative resume. But if you are a recent graduate, it is optional to provide a summary, because as a fresh graduate you will have very little to summarise.
So a resume summary should tell a story of us as a professional. That's the best way to start.
Put yourself in the employer's shoes, then think what a hiring manager would be expecting. Make sure your resume summary is compelling so that it forces the hiring manager to go through all the rest of the details in brief.
Refer the below resume summary from the above Medical Representative resume sample:
Skills to include in a Medical Representative Resume
It is the critical skills of a Medical Representative that will set him apart from rest out of the crowd.
Don't commit the mistake of stuffing your Resume with keywords—emphasis only industry-related skills in your Professional Experience section. A typical HR manager won't even take a minute to see if a resume is genuine or whether it is copied-pasted by the applicant.
The need for a Medical Representative may be different for each company and industry. For example: If you were a Medical Representative in 2 companies, the 3rd company which you are applying might demand a different skill set.
So what it is something you should include for sure in your Medical Representative resume that will help you to outstand others. It is the Job Description. Job description lays down the skills and qualities that the recruiter is looking for in a candidate. You should align your resume skills along the lines of the requirements of the job post.
The most wanted Medical Representative soft skills on resumes
- Excellent written communication skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
Top technical skills for Medical Representative resume
- Sales skills
- Organisational skills
- Scientific and Technical grasp
- Customer care skills
- Good technical knowledge
For a more detailed guide on Resume Key Skills for a Medical Representative Job Profile check-out, CV Owls complete guide on skills to include in Resume.
Must Read: 10 Best Skills to include on your Resume
How to write experience in Medical Representative Resume
Your work experience is one of the essential sections of your Medical Representative resume. How you frame this point in your Resume determines your chances of getting selected by the hiring manager.
A Medical Representative Resume must be inclusive of industry-related technical keywords and jargons. Strike a balance between resume keywords and overall meaning to make sure that even a General HR going through your Medical Representative resume will be able to extract relevant information.
Don't just keep going on writing the long work experiences without highlighting your performance results in figures. It's better to quantify your performance; this will strengthen your Medical Representative resume experience section.
Another way is to keep a separate Key Achievements section for all your work profiles. Through this way, it is easy for the HR Manager to differentiate your job role from your achievements.
While the latter resume section can be numbers-heavy, your job responsibilities can focus on your role itself.
Follow the below key points you must keep in mind while writing the experience section of your Medical Representative resume.
- Show Range
- Show Results
- Demonstrate Specialisation
- Use of Action Words/Power Verbs
- Bolding & Bucketing/Sub-headings
Must Read: How an Application Tracking System works?
Certifications required for Medical Representative Resume
Top Medical Representative Certificates your Resume MUST HAVE:
Education Section in Medical Representative Resume sample
There's no specific degree required for being a Medical Representative , as it depends on what the company position demands. Mostly the jobs requiring a bachelor's degree will ask for bachelors or diploma in any discipline..
But frankly speaking, whatever background you have, the Medical Representative ing field is open to you, what matters the most is your skills.
Mention your educational degree, school's name, and location. It is not necessary to mention the year you graduated if it was more than 10 years ago. Write down your academic achievements such as your GPA, or other awards, if you're a fresh graduate.
Must Read: Here's what not to include in your Resume?
Hobbies/Interests in Medical Representative Resume Sample
An active and robust Hobbies/Interests resume section means you are an individual with strong interests and have a life outside of work.
- For an entry-level professional, it is essential to list his/her high-school/college achievements because it's only they have.
- For applicants having experience between 0-10, it will be a plus-point to add those extracurricular accomplishments that align with the job which you are targeting.
- But for people with 10+ years of professional experience, it is not that useful to list out your achievements at under-graduate levels ( but you can surely mention awe-inspiring accomplishments that resonate with you).
Must Read: The Best Way to Keep Your Resume Updated
Medical Representative CV Review
Does your Medical Representative CV pass the 10-second test? Send us a copy of your Medical Representative CV, and our professional CV writers will assess it and email you the suggestions. With over three years of experience within the recruitment industry, we know precisely what employers are trying to find during an applicant's Resume.
Would you wish for an expert opinion on your Medical Representative Resume/CV? Then, CV Owl's CV and resume review service are best for you. Our service aims to help you maximise the impact of your Medical Representative CV, achieve your career goals and assist you in creating an interview-winning resume.
You are sure to get feedback on how your resume/CV is scanned by the Application Tracking System (ATS) and how the recruiters use it to filter out the applicants. So there aren't any excuses not to get your Medical Representative CV reviewed by CV Owl.
Medical Representative Cover Letter Sample
Writing an excellent Medical Representative cover letter is an essential step in your job search journey. A good Medical Representative cover letter showcases your relevant experiences and formally requests the opportunity for an interview.
The cover letter examples we've compiled are perfect for a variety of management professionals. Be sure to use the Medical Representative cover letter sample as a starting point when crafting your own job-winning business cover letters along with your Medical Representative CV.
Remember these points when writing a Medical Representative resume:
- Fulfil your employer's expectations. You review your Medical Representative Resume or CV as if you are the hiring manager.
- Follow the Job description religiously and then tailor your Resume or Medical Representative CV accordingly.
- All you have to do is to prove to the hiring manager that you are the best fit for the job post.
- Typically a reverse-chronological resume format is used. But try to opt for the resume format (functional /combination / reverse-chronological resume) that best serves your purpose.
- If you are an entry-level Medical Representative , you can go for an Objective section on your Medical Representative resume. But for experienced one's, it is necessary to have a Professional Summary section.
- Under your Medical Representative resume Skills section prepare a separate section for Technical Skills that align the Job Description.
- When you are describing your work, don't forget to provide clarity to the recruiter by giving its context.
- Show off your soft skills and professional experience. Even if your role is massive on analysis and numbers, no one wants to work with a robot.
Check out CV Owl's Online Resume Builder for more Medical Representative resume templates and multiple designs!
Are you still facing any difficulty while crafting your Medical Representative Resume? End all your doubts and worries by writing to our Resume Experts at email@example.com. You are sure to get reverted in 24 hours!