Application Engineer with 7 plus years of experience in creating, designing and testing computer software programs with the use of latest technology. Capable of developing client-specific applications or programs as and when required. A very cooperative and understanding professional capable of working with cross-functional teams.
My Skills Set
Alliance Data - Retail
- Provide product application and technical assistance to quotations group, customers, customer service, and the sales force on a core group of products and/or markets.
- Create and conduct sales force and customer training on new products and applications including preparing presentation materials and doing the presentation articulately.
- Represent marketing on cross functional teams including, for example, new product development.
- Develop an understanding of markets and customer’s operations and applications.
- Meet with customers at the factory or at the customer’s location to discuss product scope, product innovation and product issues.
- Maintain knowledge of competing products in the market and their comparison to company offering.
- Support PLM/PM on new product development with creation of catalog/installation instructions, cross reference materials, presentation materials, promotional literature and other documentation as needed.
- Conduct audits of bills of materials based on customer specified requirements and divisional capabilities.
- Recommend pricing and quotation response per customers RFQs including specification reviews with explanation of exceptions and cross references.
- Assist and participate in the execution of marketing and growth strategies for assigned products and markets.
- Maintain a team atmosphere to make sure the workload for the Proposals team is completed each day per customer required deadlines.
- Perform and participate in miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Involved in planning, design, installation, development, and ongoing maintenance of the NICE suite of applications.
- Maintained relationships and expectations with current vendors.
- Worked directly with vendor architects and solutions engineers to create solutions that meet the expectations of our stakeholders.
- Maintained and troubleshot underlying core technologies associated with the supported platforms.
- Kept abreast of emerging technologies associated with supported platforms as well as future platforms.
- Converted technical design and specifications into functioning components through the development of application code and configuration.
- Created and executed unit tests to ensure issues are proactively identified within the software implementation lifecycle.
- Analyzed software to identify causes of errors and defects.
- Remediated known errors within development and production support contexts.
- Provided technical on-call support as defined within team and role expectations.
- Continuously improved applications and processes with a focus on quality, efficiency, and user experience.
- Reviewed and analyzed customer requirements for application of products and recommended a suitable product selection with regard for internal engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
- Acted as liaison between engineering and sales representatives/customers regarding specific product applications, product design improvements and possible product development ideas and concepts, including field complaints.
- During proposal generation, served as a liaison between customer needs and other departments concerning all aspects of customer orders such as inspections, deliveries, scheduling, spare parts list, etc. to ensure proposal account for all aspects of internal costs and resource needs.
- Provided technical assistance, information, support, and guidance to customers and sales representatives to maximize sales volume and earnings, market penetration of products and effective relationships with customers.
- Generated proposal, data packages, and product pricing proposals.
- Estimated cost of recommended equipment selections.
- Ensured that orders are consistent with quotes and review for accuracy and edit for correct data listed.
- Prepared formal quotations which include data sheets, price calculations for customer products, etc. in accordance with specifications.
- Coordinated with relevant personnel to determine what in-plant equipment testing is required to meet customer specifications, if any, or as required.
- Maintained the required level of proficiency in application engineering skills, plus the use of Application Engineering tools.
- Partnered with all central functions such as Quality, Engineering, Finance, IT, and HR to ensure that enabling strategies and tactics are in place and are consistent with broader business strategies and tactics.
California State University
Name THOMAS ROBINSON
Location 1 square street, New York, USA
Marital Status Married
Education Bachelors Degree in Engg. (California State University)
Experience Alliance Data - Retail (Application Engineer)