Focused Automation Engineer with 8 years of experience applying the latest technology to control the production and delivery of products. Proficient in designing and testing automated machinery to complete the precise tasks. Focused on high-quality product delivery as well as meeting customer requirements.
My Skills Set
- Provide project concept development by authoring user requirement specification (URS), and quoting of automation in support of new business opportunities at US manufacturing facilities
- Lead equipment design reviews with a cross-functional team of persons from Engineering, Automation, Quality and Maintenance to ensure best attributes are included in equipment concepts
- Manage automation equipment projects to ensure equipment design concept challenges are successful, GAMP documentation is complete, and project milestone dates are met
- Provide FAT leadership at equipment vendor locations working directly with equipment vendor and Phillips-Medisize team to ensure equipment meets all URS and GAMP specifications, documenting performance gaps and managing vendors contingency plans to resolve before acceptance of equipment
- Manage equipment installation activities at production facility
- Develop equipment process parameters to ensure all products meet customer’s specifications, using DOE methodology as needed
- Create documentation for production operations, maintenance technicians, and calibration departments to be able to operate and maintain equipment within a validated state
- Provide equipment and process training to production and maintenance personnel.
- Support equipment during production launch to ensure production and quality metrics are met
- Work with manufacturing facility engineering & management to identify opportunities to reduce cost and improve quality of existing automation, with a focus on flexible automation that can be used across multiple customer programs
- Demonstrate flexibility to manage multiple projects and interface with teams at multiple facilities, including temporary assignments at facilities other than the assigned home base for this position.
- Reviewed existing operations and processes, and determined best opportunities for automation.
- Standardized processes throughout production focusing on use of automation and robotics.
- Developed and implemented automation and robotics projects to increase efficiency and improve product quality.
- Assisted manufacturing associates and technicians with production issues and processes.
- Performed mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes and determined production costs.
- Designed, implemented, and trained associates and technicians in new methods, products, tooling, work instructions, etc.
- Implemented "Lean" techniques and processes into operations and throughout the organization.
- Evaluated effects of product design changes and challenges engineering designs when required.
- Supported, problem solved, and created better methods, processes, and tooling in soldering, molding, and manual assembly work centers.
- Reviewed sales orders for determining work instruction, tooling, equipment, and capacity needs.
- Provided automation support for various manufacturing systems such as Programmable Logic Controllers , Distributed Control Systems and Original Equipment Manufacturer platforms.
- Troubleshot challenging equipment / automation issues to improve manufacturing performance (yield, cycle time, reliability, etc.) and maintained the automation systems in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Principles (cGMPs).
- Provided automation support on various shifts and remote off-hour coverage support for trouble calls.
- Closely worked with various site and central groups in order to ensure control systems are designed, implemented and maintained in a manner to ensure manufacturing requirements are met.
- Provided training and served as a technical resource for junior engineers.
- Designed solutions to ensure quality and stability of automation systems through future expansions, replacements, or upgrades.
- Used technical knowledge to assure the efficient operation of a variety of automated processing and information technology systems.
- Took a lead role in installing and placing new equipment into operation.
- Developed solutions for automation problems.
- Oversaw investigations of automation anomalies to prevent recurrence.
- Understood and supported all cGMPs, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Communicated daily with operation, technical, and quality representatives within area of support through the tier process.
- Periodically reviewed automation documents, performed preventive maintenance, and revised or developed automation Standard Operating Procedures.
- Developed and supported corrective actions associated with automation related deviations/investigations.
- Communicated periodically with immediate supervisor about the status of area of responsibility.
- Participated in audits and training programs in the area of responsibility.
- Provided troubleshooting support of manufacturing activities.
- Identified and implemented process/equipment improvements and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Maintained all system life cycle documentation.
University of Colorado
Name ELIE RIZK
Location 1 square street, New York, USA
Marital Status Married
Education Bachelors Degree in Engg. (University of Colorado)
Experience Phillips-Medisize (Automation Engineer)