Dedicated Cost Accountant with 4 years of experience in auditing and scrutinizing financial information of companies responsible. Possessing the required skills to utilize the company's resources in an efficient manner to add to the well being of the organization.
My Skills Set
- Update product standard costs on annual basis with updated BOM, recipe and activity rate values.
- Work with operations team understand practical and expected capacity availability at manufacturing locations for use in determining overhead activity rates.
- Perform analytical review of annual standard cost changes, present findings to upper management.
- Review manufacturing order variances and purchase price variances on a timely basis to correct errors before month end.
- Ensure new product standard costs are calculated and updated in ERP system with accurate costs on a timely basis.
- Prepare month and year end accruals, process journal entries and reconcile accounts for inventory and manufacturing related general ledger accounts.
- Verify the accuracy of inventory transactions including material usage, scrap and cycle count postings.
- Calculate and document slow moving inventory reserve for Madison inventory.
- Analyze and report key financial and operational information/variances to management including price, labor and overhead absorption and on a monthly basis.
- Support the development of overhead rates for manufacturing, plant maintenance, production projects and R&D.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and reconciling the annual physical inventory.
- Assist in the preparation of cost of sales and inventory planning for the annual forecasting.
- Document inventory and cost accounting procedures.
- Worked with Purchasing to develop annual raw material standard costs.
- Ensured accurate product costing.
- Maintained up-to-date standard costing system with updates as required.
- Provided accurate cost roll-ups and analysis for pricing review.
- Worked on weekly cost rollups.
- Published and monitored monthly purchase price variances to budget and current standards.
- Maintained all standard cost tables monthly to minimize production and purchasing variances.
- Processed work order close in a timely manner.
- Maintained documentation of the procedures performed within the cost accounting function.
- Assisted with internal and external audit requests.
- Provided analysis of monthly activity for management.
- Reviewed margin trends and highlight significant fluctuations.
- Provided product line and customer profitability analysis.
- Worked with production to plan, coordinate and assist reconciliation of cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Supervised the physical counts, monitored results with the team, understood differences, and reviewed results with management.
- Ensured corporate/divisional policies and procedures are followed.
- Coordinated implementation of accounting policies & procedures with Binghamton finance team.
- Supported month end close process.
- Maintained fixed assets records.
California State University
Name KEVIN BENNETT
Location 1 square street, New York, USA
Marital Status Married
Education Bachelors in Accounting (California State University)
Experience Promega Corporation (Cost Accountant)