A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Undefined array key "video"
Line Number: 80
Name ERICA LEWIS
Experienced Nursery Teacher with leadership to maintain the high quality of the Nursery School by providing excellent care and education for young children, and build strong collaborations with families. I has centered around creating friendly and welcoming learning environments, incorporating diverse materials, and helping children learn to thrive in new settings.
My Skills Set
Nord Angila Education
- Provide guidance as needed for students, assistants and volunteers.
- Supervise and interact with children by planning and implementing age-appropriate activities.
- Use appropriate Guidance Techniques.
- Develop good relationships with parents by communicating in a friendly manner at drop off and pick up time.
- Refer parents to ECE I or II when concerns or questions arise.
- Provides positive customer service and information, handles difficult situations with finesse.
- Help parents to understand behavior and development.
- Assure continual professional growth by attending staff in-services, workshops, and conferences.
- Complete all department required training and 15 hours of licensing training requirements. Keeps training log up-to-date.
- Demonstrate flexibility in working with different teams, and handling a variety of situations.
- Maintain a positive attitude and relationships with others.
Brooklyn Waldorf School
- Supported the curriculum plans of the cooperating teacher, have opportunities to initiate and implement parts of the curriculum, and gradually assumed increased responsibilities
- Helped in building a collaborative, cooperative, and reflective approach to working as a classroom teaching team
- Participated in the use of observing and recording methods, assessment practices, and management supports as related to individual children, small groups, and the whole class.
- Gained skills and understood progressive education approaches supporting the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth and development of particular age groups.
- Developed skills and confidence in working with families, including aspects of home-school communication through emails, conferences, and report writing
- Attended and participated in weekly age-level planning meetings, supported meetings, and faculty meetings after school.
- Helped in designing, organizing, and maintaining a materials-based classroom that reflects the curriculum and current work of the children. This included daily classroom morning set-up and evening clean-up.
Bachelors in Early Child Development
University of Colorado