Experienced Nursery Teacher with leadership to maintain the high quality of the Nursery School by providing excellent care and education for young children, and build strong collaborations with families. I has centered around creating friendly and welcoming learning environments, incorporating diverse materials, and helping children learn to thrive in new settings.
My Skills Set
Nord Angila Education
- Provide guidance as needed for students, assistants and volunteers.
- Supervise and interact with children by planning and implementing age-appropriate activities.
- Use appropriate Guidance Techniques.
- Develop good relationships with parents by communicating in a friendly manner at drop off and pick up time.
- Refer parents to ECE I or II when concerns or questions arise.
- Provides positive customer service and information, handles difficult situations with finesse.
- Help parents to understand behavior and development.
- Assure continual professional growth by attending staff in-services, workshops, and conferences.
- Complete all department required training and 15 hours of licensing training requirements. Keeps training log up-to-date.
- Demonstrate flexibility in working with different teams, and handling a variety of situations.
- Maintain a positive attitude and relationships with others.
Brooklyn Waldorf School
- Supported the curriculum plans of the cooperating teacher, have opportunities to initiate and implement parts of the curriculum, and gradually assumed increased responsibilities
- Helped in building a collaborative, cooperative, and reflective approach to working as a classroom teaching team
- Participated in the use of observing and recording methods, assessment practices, and management supports as related to individual children, small groups, and the whole class.
- Gained skills and understood progressive education approaches supporting the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth and development of particular age groups.
- Developed skills and confidence in working with families, including aspects of home-school communication through emails, conferences, and report writing
- Attended and participated in weekly age-level planning meetings, supported meetings, and faculty meetings after school.
- Helped in designing, organizing, and maintaining a materials-based classroom that reflects the curriculum and current work of the children. This included daily classroom morning set-up and evening clean-up.
University of Colorado
Name ERICA LEWIS
Location 1 square street, New York, USA
Marital Status Single
Education Bachelors in Early Child Development (University of Colorado)
Experience Nord Angila Education (Nursery Teacher)