PRISCILLA 's Resume
Name PRISCILLA HOWELL
Certified Clinical Perfusionist with 9 years of extensive and diverse experience. Strong clinical and people skills, with a dependable and self-motivating work ethic. A highly recognized individual seeking a job opportunity where he can use his skills of performing quality management and perfusion functions for ABC level-one trauma center and teaching hospital. Perform pediatric and adult procedures, including open heart, transplants, isolated limb perfusion, and a variety of orthopedic and vascular surgeries.
My Skills Set
Jackson Memorial Hospital
- In charge of the clinical support for the Cardiopulmonary product line for Maquet
- Cardiovascular division.
- Training customers in Extracorporeal Life Support system, presentation of oxygenators, the heart-lung machine, heater-cooler unit etc.
- Attended all Maquet events, congresses, and meetings.
- Cardiopulmonary Expert trainer, ECLS Expert Trainer, and creator of ECLS CardioHelp guideline.
- Autotransfusion. Performed all aspects of autotransfusion in the intra-operative and postoperative setting.
- Maintained written records specifically for the Continuous Autotransfusion System (CATS) and the Cell
- Saver 5 procedures and Angel platelet gelling.
Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia
- Performs necessary checks and tests to ensure the working order and integrity of the circuit
- Attends internal and external educational meeting
- Participates in periodic maintenance, cleaning, and calibration of equipment
- Processes remaining blood in CPB circuit post bypass
- Performs perioperative autologous blood collection and administration (PABCA) utilizing the autoLog cell washer (Medtronic Inc.)
- Assembles and operates Intra aortic balloon pump (IABP)
- Periodically withdraws blood from the CPB circuit for blood gas, chemistry, anticoagulation analysis and special studies.
Comprehensive Care Hospital
- Participate in development and revision of policy and procedure, performance improvement, quality management, and staff education
- Assist in the management of the inventory as it pertains to open heart and autotransfusion procedures
- Manages the patient parameters within the accepted safe ranges of established clinical practice
- Develops innovative solutions resulting in improved quality/customer service
- May provide occasional day coverage to other AHN facilities in Pittsburgh area
- Monitors and maintains an adequate anticoagulation status of the patient during CPB according to established protocols
- Physical abilities to complete job duties and responsibilities under prescribed environmental and working conditions.
Awards & Honors
- Yearly staff training in Abiomed, IABP, ECMO circuit, and oxygenater change out to ensure proficiency in set-up and trouble-shooting skills
- Total Quality Management:
- Blood management/institution of mini circuit and RAP procedures
- Glucose control/ Insulin administration and cardioplegia change