Hardworking retail store manager possessing a 7-year work experience in managing retail stores. Ability to look after the day to day sales activities and ensuring the smooth running of the store. Able to keep track of stock and order new stock as and when required. Possessing additional customer-service skills and handling customers on a day to day basis effectively. Capable of motivating staff to increase sales as well as monitoring industry trends.
My Skills Set
- Examine displays and shelves to identify which items need to be replenished and controlling inventory.
- Cycle counts, Quick picks utilized to maximize in-stock.
- Meet preset goals for the areas of labor, sales, and productivity.
- Train employees in store policies (superior service).
- Assist customers with special requests for new products.
- Order merchandise, plan and set displays, and seasonal presentations. Manage inventory.
- Plan daily operation, monitor production process following company procedures and profitability guidelines.
- Initiate personnel actions such as pre-employment interviews, hiring, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage company truck deleveries and dsd orders. Manage backroom stock levels.
Assistant Store Manager
- Operated a clean and friendly food and drug store offering the best customer service.
- Provided direction, leadership and support for department managers to increase sales, and maximize profit in support of Company goals.
- Managed all HR issues as they would arise. Kept open communication to upper management on serious matters.
- Responsible for consistent execution of merchandising, operating plans, P & L management, and inventory control.
- Coached, trained, and developed associates to positively impact the business and become potential candidates for promotion.
- Winner of numerous district sales contests.
- 23 years of experience in the retail industry, proven leader, problem solver, and a solid record of delivering results.
Store Manager Trainee
- Responsible for entire store operation, sales, and profitability with proven success in meeting sales and profit goals.
- Improved customer service score by 20% by providing and training superior customer service - Interim Store Director
- Reduced back room inventory levels by $65,000 in a 4 month period.
- Ability to direct, motivate and support at team of 75+ associates.
University of Minnesota
- Store Manager of the Year, 2012
- Pinnacle Award (for loss prevention excellence), 2013
- Service Excellence Award (#1 customer satisfaction in district) 2003
- Department Manager of the Quarter, 1999 and 2001
Location 1 square street, New York, USA
Marital Status Married
Education MBA in Business (University of Minnesota)
Experience CVS Pharmacy (Store Manager)