Knowledgeable Translator with 3 years of work experience as a Translator. Possessing excellent grammar and knowledge of different writing styles in native language. Fluent in language to translate effectively. Knowledge of different cultures and a good attention to detail.
My Skills Set
- Served as Translator providing simultaneous translation at various meetings and events such as parent and community meetings, administrative hearings, and Individual Education Plan (I.E.P.) meetings.
- Provided translation of technical terminology to District staff, parents, and members of the community; provided explanations to facilitate communication and promoted understanding among speakers of designated second language.
- Assisted in maintaining records for assigned programs.
- Typed, proofread, copied, and collated a variety of materials such as project reports, handbooks, manuals, letters, memos and questionnaires.
- Assisted with clerical duties related to school or department activities; performed clerical duties for the assigned supervisor as directed; typed letters, memoranda, bulletins, reports, schedules, lists, forms and other materials from straight copy or rough draft.
Oxnard School District
- Translated a wide variety of written materials including newsletters, bulletins, forms, letters, menus, memoranda, questionnaires, notices, and instructional materials from English to designated second language and from designated second language to English.
- Maintained and organized a variety of hard copy and electronic logs, records, and files; ensured the timely duplication and distribution of a variety of records, reports, and other materials as directed.
- Developed and revised forms and other communications for speakers of designated second language.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
- Ensured the effective translation between American Sign Language and English for relay calls.
- Ensured the accurate translation of relay calls, and that all calls are processed quickly and without deliberate alteration of the messages.
- Reviewed procedures and language, and construct tools to help understand and reference procedures and languages.
- Offered solutions and options when presenting problems or concerns to supervisors.
- Managed TI's and resolves conflict directly, quickly and completely, and discusses unpleasant issues with courtesy and tact.
- Aided in researching and developing Culture Training.
- Assisted with the development of State and Federal reports including FCC Re-Certification Applications.
- Stressed quality in all work situations.
California State University
Name REBECCA SMITH
Location 1 square street, New York, USA
Marital Status Married
Education Associate's Degree in Deaf Education Studies (California State University)
Experience Hamilton Telecommunications (Translator)